My cold hands grip around the rope as I dangle inches off the ground. My heart bursting out of my
chest as I breath in nervously. The smell of pine needles swirl up in my nose as I look meters above
me. I feel horrified and nervous as I feel a tug on my harness. Adrenaline kicks in making me shiver
and hyperventilate. I shut my eyes tight thinking when would this be over.
chest as I breath in nervously. The smell of pine needles swirl up in my nose as I look meters above
me. I feel horrified and nervous as I feel a tug on my harness. Adrenaline kicks in making me shiver
and hyperventilate. I shut my eyes tight thinking when would this be over.
Being pulled up I then feel a jolt. The force swung me forward and my eyes open. No emotion was
shown on my face as I sat there harnessed in staring at the ground. I could hear the loud rustling off
the trees as I slowly fix my eyes forward. Three, Two, with a second left I didn't want to drop. I squint
my eyes tight and hold on to the rope. 1, GO! I suddenly dropped. My stomach sank into my body
as I plummet towards the ground. A thought crossed my mind. I WAS GOING TO DIE!
At that moment I felt trees brush against my legs. I opened my eyes and I was so shocked..
With my feet dangling in the air, I swing back and forward while my legs are still shaking from the life
threatening drop. I lie back in my harness staring dazed into the bright morning sun.
shown on my face as I sat there harnessed in staring at the ground. I could hear the loud rustling off
the trees as I slowly fix my eyes forward. Three, Two, with a second left I didn't want to drop. I squint
my eyes tight and hold on to the rope. 1, GO! I suddenly dropped. My stomach sank into my body
as I plummet towards the ground. A thought crossed my mind. I WAS GOING TO DIE!
At that moment I felt trees brush against my legs. I opened my eyes and I was so shocked..
With my feet dangling in the air, I swing back and forward while my legs are still shaking from the life
threatening drop. I lie back in my harness staring dazed into the bright morning sun.
It was the most SCARIEST moment of my life.




Outstanding writing Ella. It is great to see you reflecting upon where you achieved your goal and realised that strong verbs and vocabulary can improve and make your writing better. You are beginning to find ways to link paragraphs so ideas and the writing flows.
ReplyDelete