CAMP DESCRIPTION
Achievement Objectives:
Purposes and audiences
- Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
- INDICATORS:
- – constructs texts that show a growing awareness of purpose and audience through careful choice of content, language, and text form;
- – conveys and sustains personal voice where appropriate.
Ideas
Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
INDICATORS:
- – forms and expresses ideas and information with increased clarity, drawing on a range of sources;
- – adds or changes details and comments to support ideas, showing some selectivity in the process;
- – ideas suggest awareness of a range of dimensions or viewpoints.
Language features
Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
- INDICATORS:
- – uses oral, written, and visual language features to create meaning and effect and engage interest;
- – uses a range of vocabulary to communicate meaning;
- – demonstrates good understanding of all basic spelling patterns and sounds in written English;
- – uses an increasing range of strategies to self-monitor and self-correct spelling;
- – writes legibly, fluently, and with ease when creating texts;
- – uses a range of text conventions, including most grammatical conventions, appropriately and with increasing accuracy.
Structure
- Show a developing understanding of text structures.
- INDICATORS:
- – understands that the order and organisation of words, sentences, paragraphs, and images contribute to and affect text meaning;
- – identifies a range of text forms and recognises some of their characteristics and conventions.
Motivation:
- Write a description about one event/experience from camp.
Key outcomes:
- To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
- A variety of sentence starters
- A variety of sentence lengths - simple/compound/complex
- Edit and rework
- Effective peer checking and feedback
Published writing:
As I was waiting in line for the giant swing I was as nervous as an anxious cat. My heart was pumping out of my chest. I felt like I was going to explode. We pulled the first person up to the top and let go of the rope. It looked really high when you were swinging.
My heart was still pumping more than it was before. I steped into the harness and put my helmet on. Walking towards the giant swing seat my friends cheered me on. I felt a little better about it but not alot. I sat on the swing and my legs were trembling with fear. '' Ready and pull '' said the instructor. My feet were starting to come of the ground as I got pulled up and before you know it I was sitting in a giant swing seat floating in mid air.
I was making my way up to the top and im panicking at this point. My face was as white as a ghost and my hands feel hot. Im at the top. The instructor tells me to pull the string and before I could say no I was falling to what felt like my death. I was swinging for a while before I stoped and I dident feel nervous anymore. I LOVED IT !
As I was waiting in line for the giant swing I was as nervous as an anxious cat. My heart was pumping out of my chest. I felt like I was going to explode. We pulled the first person up to the top and let go of the rope. It looked really high when you were swinging.
My heart was still pumping more than it was before. I steped into the harness and put my helmet on. Walking towards the giant swing seat my friends cheered me on. I felt a little better about it but not alot. I sat on the swing and my legs were trembling with fear. '' Ready and pull '' said the instructor. My feet were starting to come of the ground as I got pulled up and before you know it I was sitting in a giant swing seat floating in mid air.
I was making my way up to the top and im panicking at this point. My face was as white as a ghost and my hands feel hot. Im at the top. The instructor tells me to pull the string and before I could say no I was falling to what felt like my death. I was swinging for a while before I stoped and I dident feel nervous anymore. I LOVED IT !
My reflection and next step:
I liked how I used lost of complex and compound sentences and tried describing camp with lots of detail.
My next step is to use paragraphs.
I liked how I used lost of complex and compound sentences and tried describing camp with lots of detail.
My next step is to use paragraphs.

No comments:
Post a Comment